Saturday, April 28, 2012

5 years Ago


Hello my blogging friends and family... yes I have switched my blog for the 3rd and FINAL time.... this will be a pretty long post as I want to catch you up on what has been happening in my world for the last year or so....

This is my very first post I did on the blog Journey to Isabella... posted Nov.24,2006

Beginning of our Journey to Isabella

The beginning of our journey started around June 2006 when I was looking on the internet to research adoptions. We were not quite sure what country we where interested in , so I just started reading different web-sites to research all options.
Finally on Sept. 5, 2006 we sent our application to Faithful Adoptions . On Sept. 8, 2006 we were approved by the agency , but then had to make sure that China was okay with the marriage and divorce issue.
John & I have been together for 5 years and were just married on April 22, 2006, but we both have had previous marriages.
We got the okay from China, but the next step was Arizona laws..
Then on Sept. 11 ,2006 we found out that Arizona's law is that you have to be married for 1 year. So we have to wait until the 1st of January to start our homestudy.
In the mean time we have been getting birth certificates, divorce degrees , etc.
On October 28, 2006 we got the blog's from Faithful Adoptions with 4 families that were in China to pick up their precious little girls.. It was the most amazing journey .
November 7, 2006 - I ( Kim ) filed for my passport
We also got the contract from Faithful Adoptions...
November 10 , 2006 - Talked to Terri about our homestudy ( Arizona Children Association) , she is going to send the paperwork so we can get started on the paperwork.
November 14,2006 - John filed for his passport.
November 16,2006 - We signed the Adoption Agreement and I started the letter for " The 100 Good Wishes Quilt "


Well my Journey to Isabella has come to an end... Today marks my 5 year LID date for the wait to my precious girl...I have had emails and phone conversations that have lasted a long time with my agency and have gotten nowhere.... I would never recommend them and all I can say is on the Journey to Isabella I have met the most AMAZING people and will continue to meet the most AMAZING families.... I have found my BFF's for life and have more nieces and nephews then anyone could wish for...

Please do not try and give me advice on what to do next... believe me I have heard it all and I have done what I could with my agency... not being rude but this is not an easy situation ... I have prayed more in last year or so then I have in my life... and will continue to do so.... God has moved me in another direction in my life and I will follow.. never know where he might guide me....I have gone through 30 bins of hand-picked items that I have picked out -had made-was given to Isabella... I have given soo much stuff to the nieces that I love sooo much... Everyone kept saying are you ok and they felt bad... I didn't feel bad... I know that every single thing that I gave to one of my nieces is being worn with the love of their cousin Isabella.... they are being used and that is all that I care about...

So now on to a brighter note... this blog is my new beginning in my life and we will just have to see where that is taking me.... I hope I keep my faithful blogging friends and that this doesn't keep you away.... I know I lost a bunch when I got a divorce... but guess what... I am fine with that .. because they were not true friends.... friends are people who stick with you through the good and bad... and I will be honest.. I don't have a lot of TRUE friends... because there are not a lot of true people out there....

HAPPY 5 Years of waiting for the most AMAZING Babygirl.... she will forever live on in my HEART....


( stay tuned.... have a few things that I am doing to represent my Journey to my Asian Princess -Isabella-some will be surprised and some will not)




22 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing where God leads His daughter in this new journey. I'm forever changed with you in my life. You have blessed me more than you know. Issabella will be forever in my heart. I adore you sweet lady. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very strong lady. I'm glad you are surrounded on a daily basis with strong family too. Thinking of you and sending you lots of love and hugs with this next journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words friend....only that I'm so sorry and so very inspired by your strength and positive heart. Love you...so glad our journeys brought us together. Can't believe it....xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Kim! You are a wonderful mother and deserve everything in life!! Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim...I'm so sorry to hear about this. I am sending you lots and lots of hugs. I will follow your journey and she what is going on with you. I can't wait to see your grand button. Hugs..Cyndi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isabella will always be in your heart.

    You have been so strong and caring and supportive of the China adoption community and for that, thank you. Best wishes at whatever comes your way, I have a feeling it's going to be fantastic and you deserve it. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you and for your wonderful family.

    Hugs from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss, Kim. It is a loss, for sure. You have been so tireless in your commitment and enthusiasm for this child. I still have a huge heart for China's orphans, and it's an ongoing prayer of mine that the Lord would send me a husband with an open mind to exploring that once again. I don't feel I can raise anymore children on my own, though. So, I'm waiting on the Lord in that.

    You have been blessed with the promise of a grandson, and a new love in your life. I do hope that those things bring you an incredible amount of joy. I know they do and will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you so much. I am so sad to see that part of your journey end but I know wonderful things are in your future! You are a smart, resilient, and positive it will always find you where you were meant to be. I will be forever grateful to call you my friend, can't wait to see you again and see you and Chloe meet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As one journey ends, another journey begins... Life is a journey and it is how we embrace what it has to offer and overcome the speed bumps that get in the way... You are one amazing lady and I am honored and proud to call you a TRUE Best Friend Forever...

    I love the new blog it is so you...
    Love ya...
    ♥Hugz♥
    Carri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Kim,
    As i read this post. The first thing that came to my mind is the Red Thread...How many wonderful connections that have been made on your journey to Isabella. God knew exactly what he was doing from the very beginning. I'm truly blessed to call you a friend and an Auntie to my girls!!! For us we have to so much to look foward to together and i cant wait!!!
    I Love You!!!

    Sindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. God has amazing plans for you my sweet friend and I will be right along your side to be apart of that journey. You have been and always will be a huge support for so many in the adoption community...you inspire so many and I know you will continue to do that. I LOVE and treasure you!!!! SO much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still here and I am still following your journey - wherever it leads you now. Can't wait to see what lies ahead for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girlie, I so wish I could reach through this screen and give you a huge giant enourmous hug. You have been there cheering on and loving so many of us through all our ups and downs. You are beautiful. I will wait with high expectations to see what perfect plans the Lord has for this gorgeous lady with a huge heart. Love you!

    M~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim -- I love your positive outlook on life. You are going to be just fine and I can't wait to follow you on your next journey! Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry that Isabella will never be in your arms! I am glad we got to meet along this journey!! (((HUGS))) to you. You are a beautiful woman and a wonderful mom. You will be an amazing grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry. Praying for you as you move forward and see what God has for you next!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your new blog. I know you have great thing coming your way. You deserve them!
    HUGS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Kim, I have tears in my eyes reading your post. Whatever God has in store for you, I know you will be amazing! I am looking forward to following your new blog, which reminds me,I really need to update mine!
    Hugs,
    Diane (Bing's mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  19. If there was one thing I wanted to see, it was to see Isabella in your arms!! I love you Kim. You're a strong woman with a beautiful heart, an incredible mother and friend. Whatever God has planned for you, it's going to be amazing!!!

    Looking forward to see what the next chapter of your life brings...

    with love and hugs,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am looking forward to hearing all about your journey. My heart bleeds for you and your grief.

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kim,

    I started the process for Jane in May 2005. It was nearly two years before I was in China and that was hard. Do what your heart leads you to!!! You know what you are doing with your life :)!

    As you know I also went through a divorce and lost many friends. I changed a lot myself as I was suddenly free to do so for the first time in my adult life. Life is an imperfect journey with loss and incredible beauty combined. It's good to know who loves us. It's just hard to find out it is different than what we believed. In my case, my ex husband was in the he loves me not category. Still, I am sooo happy and thankful for what I do have and where I have come to! I love you and will follow.

    xxamy

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to read about your agency and the grief you are going through (went through). We so wanted to see Isabella. You were so giving, as we were the recipient of your generosity towards our wait for Alyzabeth.
    We wish you much happiness in the future! We hope to share your future joy and hear about your family (and new grand on the way!).

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations